October 2, 2022
1 Peter 1:23-24
Take Time to Pray
4 I sought the LORD, and He answered me;
He delivered me from all my fears.
5 Those who look to Him are radiant;
their faces are never covered with shame.
6 This poor man called, and the LORD heard Him;
He saved him out of all him troubles.
7 The angle of the LORD encamps around those who fear Him,
and He delivers them.
23 For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but imperishable, through the living and enduring Word of God. 24 For,
“All men are like grass,
and all their glory is like
flowers of the field;
the grass withers and the flowers fall,
25 but the Word of the LORD stands forever.”
And this is the word that was preached to you.
· God’s Word endures forever.
· God has made us imperishable through his enduring Word.
· Without God, men are perishable. God and His Word are imperishable.
· We are born again. We are no longer trapped by sin and death.
· Because Jesus, we have become imperishable.
· Our earthly bodies will perish, but we will live forever in imperishable bodies with Jesus.
· We need not fear what harms/kills the body, we need to be concerned with what can harm/kill our faith.
· How do I daily remain safe against the forces trying to destroy my soul?
· Put on the armor of God.
· Spend time in God’s Word.