January 17, 2023
August 30, 2022
1 Peter 1:6-7
Take Time to Pray
Answer me when I call to You,
O my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress;
be merciful to me and hear my prayer.
6 In this* you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. 7 These have come so that your faith – of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire – may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.
* This refers to the truths in verses 3-5
· God protects us even when we can’t see it.
· God is gracious.
· We rejoice in God’s promises even when life is hard.
· Hard times can strengthen our faith.
· What can I learn from my current tough spots?
· Patience, patience, and more patience.
· Let them serve as a reminder to turn to God.