December 29, 2022
For several months now, I have been working my way through 1 Peter using the TEND (marieldavenport) method. I thought I would switch from focusing on trust to sharing what I have found in my study of Peter.
August 28, 2022
1 Peter 1:1-2
Take Time to Pray
May the meditations of my heart and mind be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord.
1 Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ,
To God’s elect, strangers in the world scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the satisfying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by His blood:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance. (NIV ’84)
· God knows us from before we are born.
· God sanctifies us by Jesus’ blood.
· God gives grace and peace.
· Just as Peter’s audience were foreigners, we also are foreigners here on earth with our home in Heaven.
· We are to be obedient to Jesus (God).
· We have been known by God since before we were born.
· We are cleansed from our sins by Jesus.
· What is one thing I can do today to be obedient to Jesus/
· Pray for those who have hurt me.
· Pray for those in authority