January 10, 2023
August 29, 2022
1 Peter 1:3-5
Take Time to Pray
I’d ask for the hard stuff to be taken away, but a lot of it seems, well, permanent. I know You can fix anything. I just don’t know Your Will, which is the way it is meant to be. Instead, I ask for You to give Your strength. Help me to find wisdom in Your Word.
3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, 4 and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade – kept in Heaven for you, 5 who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. (NIV ’84)
· God is Father.
· God is merciful.
· God has given us new life.
· God raised Jesus from the dead.
· God is powerful.
· God promises us a secure place in Heaven.
· God protects us while we are here on earth.
· Because of Jesus’ sacrifice, we are born again – born to be free from sin.
· We have a secure home in Heaven at the end of our earthly lives.
· We are protected by our powerful, merciful God and Father. When bad things happen and He seems to not care, could it be that He is protecting us from something even worse?
· What can I do today to show my gratitude for all that He has done for me?
· Prayer of gratitude.
· Service without complaining.
(Completed using TEND method - marieldavenport.com)